Head Coach – Guy Fawkes
- Will have total commitment to training
- Swimmers would normally be between 11 and 18 years of age
- Have advanced stroke technique and effective turns in all four strokes and do so in training.
- Swimmers will normally be of Regional Standard
- Be able to perform a 200 individual medley under ASA laws and swim 800m continuously using competition turns
- Be ready on poolside, with all equipment, 15 minutes before start of session for dynamic warm up exercises.
- Will be required to do all four strokes in competition.
- Swim a minimum of 8 swimming competitions for the Billingham ASC per year, including Regional and County Competitions and willing, when asked, to participate in team events.
To enforce the swimmers competition and training skills, ready for the intense training required in Senior National Squad
- To introduce swimmers to energy systems and cyclical training
- To build stability and basic strength
- To educate swimmers on time management, healthy lifestyles and gala protocols.
- To build swimmers discipline and commitment level
- Swimmers will target North East Region Championships, N & D, Championships and Open Meets.
These are the maximum training times available to the squad and your progression to the full training programme will be by invitation of the Head Coach only.
Your present training times are highlighted below: –
|Monday||Billingham Forum||6.00 pm – 8.00 pm|
|Tuesday||Billingham Forum||5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Thursday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 8.00 am / 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Friday||Billingham Forum||5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Saturday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 9.00 am|
Membership to this squad is dependent on compliance to the respective criteria sheets. If the above is not adhered to, or it is deemed that the effort required is not evident then the swimmer may/will be asked to forfeit their place in the squad.