Head Coach – Guy Fawkes
Swimmers will be training full time with Head Coach.
- Will have total commitment to training
- Have advanced stroke technique and effective turns in all four strokes and do so in training.
- Swimmers will normally be 14 years and older and be a minimum of National Championship standard
- They will be selected by the Head Coach based on attitude, discipline, long term potential and gala performance.
- Be ready on poolside, with all equipment, 15 minutes before start of session for dynamic warm up exercises.
- Will be required to do all four strokes in competition.
- Swim a minimum of 8 swimming competitions for Billingham ASC per year, including National, Regional and County competitions and willing, when asked, to participate in team events.
- To play a mentorship role for the younger swimmers coming through the club
- International and top level domestic success
- To develop the disciplined practical and psychological skills necessary to train and perform at this level.
- British Championships
- National Championships
- County and District Championships
- High Standard Open Meets
These are the maximum training times available to this squad and will be by invitation of the Head Coach only.
Present training times are highlighted below: –
|Monday||Billingham Forum||6.00 pm – 8.00 pm|
|Tuesday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 8.00 am / 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Wednesday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 8.00 am / 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Thursday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 8.00 am / 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Friday||Billingham Forum||5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Saturday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 9.00 am|
Membership to this squad is dependent on compliance to the respective criteria sheets. If the above is not adhered to, or it is deemed that the effort required is not evident then the swimmer will be asked to forfeit their place in the squad.