Coach – Karen Cook
This is where children will improve on the basics of becoming a competitive swimmer. They will continue to build upon the principals of advanced stroke technique, including racing starts, turns and finishes, lane discipline and being part of a training squad.
- Swimmers will normally be ages 8 to 12 years
- Will swim in ability galas, graded meets and junior league for Billingham ASC.
- Will train at least twice a week.
- Be ready on poolside, with all equipment, 15 minutes before start of session for warm up
- Will not miss more than 3 sessions in a 3 month period
- Will text coach at least 30 minutes before the start of a session if unable to attend
These are the maximum training times available to the squad and your progression to the full training programme will be by invitation of the Head Coach only.
Your present training times are highlighted below: –
|Tuesday||Billingham Forum||5.00 pm – 6.00 pm|
|Friday||Billingham Forum||5.00 pm – 6.00 pm|
|Saturday||Billingham Forum||8.00 am – 9.00 am|
A review process to take place twice yearly. All to take place with the coach, swimmer and parent/guardian. Membership to this squad is dependent on compliance to the respective criteria sheets. If the above is not adhered to, or it is deemed that the effort required is not evident and compliance throughout the review process is not evident then the swimmer will be asked to forfeit their place in the squad.