Coach – Shirley Fawkes
This is a comprehensive period of training that covers all aspects of a developing swimmers needs.
- Advanced stroke techniques
- Swimmers will normally be between 9 and 16 years of age
- Must be competent at three strokes and have a basic knowledge of all four strokes, diving and turning
- Be able to swim 400m continuously
- Be ready on poolside, with all equipment, 15 minutes before start of session for dynamic warm up exercises.
- Attendance to a mandatory mid-week morning session in order to prepare for regular training sessions for advancement into the next squad.
- Swim a minimum of 8 swimming competitions for Billingham ASC per year, including District Championships.
- How to train effectively (warming up and swimming down, endurance, clock reading , lane discipline)
- Gala procedures and rules
- Basic nutritional advice
- General mentorship and advice for competitive swimming
- Swimmer will target N & D championships and Open Meets
- Will text coach at least 30 minutes before the start of a session if unable to attend
These are the maximum training times available to the squad and your progression to the full training programme will be by invitation of the Head Coach only.
Your present training times are highlighted below: –
|Monday||Billingham Forum||6.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Tuesday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 8.00 am|
|Thursday||Billingham Forum||5.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Friday||Billingham Forum||6.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Saturday||Billingham Forum||6.30 am – 8.00 am / 8.00am – 9.00 am (Land)|
A review process to take place at 3 months, 6 months and a year. All to take place with the coach, swimmer and parent/guardian. Membership to this squad is dependent on compliance to the respective criteria sheets. If the above is not adhered to, or it is deemed that the effort required is not evident and compliance throughout the review process is not evident then the swimmer will be asked to forfeit their place in the squad.