I am delighted to inform you that Tees Active have confirmed we can return to the pool on Monday 12 April 2021. Session times and the process will be as it was in December when we ceased training.
Please see the attached files for details on squads and times. With regards to swimming lessons on Saturday mornings – Tees Active have yet to confirm on the number of swimmers we are allowed in the pool hall and water at the same time; once we have confirmation these details will follow early next week.
However, we do have some housekeeping that needs to be completed before we are allowed back into the water. Every swimmer and coach must complete the attached forms before entry is allowed. It is helpful to the process if you could return these via email to Don Briggs as early as possible (email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional points to note are:
- Swimmers and coaches must wear face masks from registration up until they are getting changed on poolside.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Guy has requested swimmers wear shorts and T-shirts on Monday as there will be an extended warm up and stretch session before the water session.
- The Government have confirmed that people who were 17 on 31 August 2020 but have subsequently turned 18/will turn 18, are able to resume organised activities such as club sessions from Step 2 (currently scheduled for April) and will not have to wait until Step 3 (currently scheduled for May).
- Spectators are not currently permitted in any indoor or outdoor sport facility under government guidance.
We look forward to seeing you all next week!!