As we are now returning to the pool and kick starting the club back in to action; we have a number of committee positions available due to swimmers leaving the club or long serving volunteers enjoying their well deserved retirement.
If you have a desire to help out at the club and want to have a say on shaping the future of the club for the benefit of our young swimmers please contact Mark Blackmore or Lynn Shepherd. A copy of the nominations form can be found below.
Current positions we have available are:
- Secretary – our long standing secretary Lynn Shepherd is standing down this year. The role provides the main point of contact for administration, information and communication throughout the club. The role has been restructured this year to remove element of memberships which Lynn will continue with, and she will also offer support to the new secretary.
- Treasurer – the club treasurer is responsible for producing and managing the club’s accounts and finances and will oversee all income and expenditure for the club. Support is available from other volunteers who manage the weekly cash collection and banking.
- Development officer – role is to monitor club coaches & volunteers CPD requirements and arrange upcoming courses. Also includes developing officials with in the club
- Swim 21 Officer – liaise with club officials and regional officer to ensure the club submits and relevant documents for club accreditation.
- Website coordinator – update website with content.
- Committee members – for anybody wanting to join the committee and help out with various adhoc tasks as and when.
Committee meetings are every 2 months and take place on a Saturday morning during land training to minimise your time commitment. Please help us to help the swimmers – the club cannot operate without your help.